Plastic Trivia Week 6
1) Your first bat & ball set may have included this perforated plastic ball that doesn't go very far.
2) This toy from Hasbro uses 2 revolving plastic discs around an axis.
3) The material that's laid down where pineapples are planted keeps weeds off, retains warmth, & keeps moisture in; though it's a strip of plastic rather than organic material, it's called this.
4) The reactor is doing a green chemistry trick invented at Argonne--it's using plastic bags to create these, cylinders 50,000 times thinner than a hair, to increase the surface area & the power of batteries.
5) Camphor is used to make plastics, but it's also a common repellent for these clothes-munchers.
Answers and questions from the "Jeopardy!" game show provided by J-Archive.com .
1) A whiffle ball. 2) A Sit 'n Spin. 3) Mulch. 4) A nanotube. 5) A moth.