Plastics and the US Economy
A Few Fast Facts on Plastics and the Economy
- The plastics industry is the third largest manufacturing industry in the United States, providing significantly to the nation's economy.
- The U.S. plastics industry employs more than 1 million workers.
- The U.S. plastics industry creates $327 billion in annual shipments.
- There are nearly 18,500 plastics facilities in the United States.
- The plastics industry has a presence in every state.
- Since 1980, U.S. plastics industry shipments have grown 3.4 percent per year.
- Over the past 26 years, productivity in plastics manufacturing has grown 2.3 percent per year, which is faster than productivity growth for manufacturing as a whole.
The above information came from the SPI Plastics Data Source, which also includes individual state data.
Til Next Time,